Join us to back remarkable founders, engage helpful angel investors, and foster a community that links some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs with early stage innovators. Village Global is an equal-opportunity employer.
We’re hiring another General Partner at Village Global! This person will help lead every aspect of the venture capital process, from sourcing/picking founders, supporting existing investments, LP fundraising, hiring, setting firm strategy, and more.
Most candidates we hope to interview for this role will have at least 10–15 years of work experience and a meaningful track record as an investor. (Although if you have fewer years of experience, don’t let that dissuade you.) Ideally, your experience involves institutional early stage venture investing, though we’re open to people with different types of investing experience. You can be based anywhere so long as you’re willing to travel to the Bay Area frequently.
Other qualities of someone who’s likely a great fit:
- Well-developed investment acumen. You’ve seen thousands of pitches and developed the ability to discern and gain conviction in the very best opportunities.
- Intense work ethic. You’re willing to put in the work to be one of the best in a highly competitive industry.
- Believe that platform strategies create an edge. We’re a unique firm because of our unique network strategy. You have to believe in the advantages of our different approach, and be excited about the prospect of developing additional strategies to disrupt venture-as-usual.
We rarely hire GPs at Village Global, and only hire when it’s an outstanding fit. To set expectations, our partner hiring cycle may take up to nine months; however, we’ll be interviewing candidates and getting to know folks starting now.
Analyst & Investment Operations
This role supercharges our efforts with founders, emerging managers, and investors throughout the ecosystem. You’ll interact with thousands of high potential startups and savvy investors. You’ll manage projects that improve the ways we invest and support portfolio founders.
This role is ideal for those early in their career with long-term aspirations of being an investor and/or an entrepreneur. You’ll learn investing best practices and meet thousands of high potential entrepreneurs and top VCs. You’ll also gain hands-on operating experience in a fast-paced organization.
- Manage our investment pipeline to inform meetings and support timely decisions.
- Prepare for and attend investment meetings; support follow ups.
- Support due diligence, including conducting reference checks.
- Track companies and funds via their updates and data from other sources.
- Identify and manage data sources to support new and follow-on investment decisions.
- Support portfolio companies and funds with helpful resources and introductions.
- Love startups, emerging tech trends, and the VC ecosystem — you might work on technical side projects, read HackerNews and TechCrunch, and scan VC Twitter for fun.
- Delight in supporting founders and emerging managers with resources and introductions.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Curious about new markets, business models and technologies.
- Eagerly roll up sleeves for necessary but non-glamourous elements of the investing process, including data entry/cleanup/management and email management.
- Will commit to a two-year tour of duty to make a real impact on the firm. Afterwards, we’ll help you land your dream job at a startup or venture firm.
- Bring 1–3 years work experience, likely in a startup or in an investing or consulting role. No formal VC experience is needed.
- Be based anywhere but be able to travel to San Francisco as needed.
Chief of Staff/Partner Ops
We’re looking for a Partner Operations Manager/Chief of Staff to work with Co-founder & General Partner Erik Torenberg as his trusted right-hand. In this role, you’ll work with the team at Village to devise and implement strategies and processes to best support Erik and his portfolio companies. You’ll work across all functions of the partnership at Village to ensure all priorities are executed upon, collaborating with Erik’s EA and the rest of the Village team to ensure we’re providing the best service possible to our portfolio companies. This role is perfect for a hyper-organized project manager who has a bias towards action & execution. Regardless of your background & future goals, this will be a powerful career-defining role for the right person.
Requirements / Who you are
- Organized & detail oriented smart generalist who can keep trains running on time & leaves no stone left unturned
- Strong ability to “altitude shift” — zoom out for high level strategic thinking, then zoom back in to ruthlessly prioritize and execute
- Proactive — you can handle ambiguity without needing to be micromanaged
- Positive-sum & low-ego team player
- You get the startup grind, can be left to work autonomously, and are solutions focused
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience in startups/venture capital
Responsibilities / What you’ll do
- Track internal deal pipeline in our CRM, facilitating the closing of new investments with Village’s back office and routing deal flow to respective scouts & potential co-investors
- Manage and process inbound & outbound communication within the Village Global ecosystem & beyond.
- Anticipate, prepare, and organize all materials necessary for upcoming meetings and events into easy to understand briefings to settle on important priorities
- Build and maintain relationships with potential partners, domain experts, and more across Village Global’s network to unearth new opportunities to add value to the firm, its portfolio companies, or other people we work with. Identify opportunities to add value to founders.
- Be a trusted thought partner & liaison to the broader Village Global team, portfolio companies, and any other important collaborators.
This position is not:
An associate position or a partner-track role. Instead you’ll gain full, unfiltered visibility into the life of a General Partner at a VC firm while acting as a liaison between Erik and the broader Village Global team and portfolio, which includes deal work and portfolio company support.
Transaction Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all transactions are completed in a timely manner, recorded accurately and quickly, and that all constituents (founders, co-investors, and the HQ team) have a great experience around the Village Global investment.
- Coordinate with legal and finance teams to execute investments quickly and responsibly
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all transactions in Village Global’s internal database
- Ensure all investment documentation is properly stored for auditor reviews
- Facilitate wires and work with banking partner as needed
- Provide general support for the firm’s back office operations
This role requires expert-level attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple transactions simultaneously, and excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years in an operational role with a proven track record of successfully executing on time-sensitive matters. Preferred experience includes employment within legal or finance sectors.
This is not an investing role.
This is a remote job. Preference for Pacific time zone but not a requirement.