Code of Conduct
Trust, respect and open-mindedness, we believe, create the best context for unleashing human potential and accelerating innovation.
Articulating standards for leadership and inclusion help us – and founders we back – to be intentional about building effective, healthy and inclusive cultures.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for behavior, processes for reporting and follow up, and consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We commit to fostering an inclusive environment for all, regardless of background, ethnicity, gender, identity, national origin, orientation, race, religion and more. Specifically, we ask everyone involved with Village Global to:
- Respect the rights, differences, and dignity of others
- Be accountable for your own behavior and mindful of others
- Alert Village HQ team if you encounter or notice unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior includes:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, demeaning or threatening conduct that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention or inappropriate physical contact
- Being disruptive, drinking excessively, stalking, following or threatening anyone
- Offensive verbal or electronic comments on gender, orientation, race, religion, disability and more, or that discriminates against a group or class of people
- Invasion of privacy, including taking photos that are unwanted or intrusive
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, or notice someone else that is, or have other concerns, notify a member of the Village HQ team as soon as possible. You can email hr[at] villageglobal.vc or submit this form. You may request that your report remain confidential.
Reports are logged and investigated. We follow up within 2 business days.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable, offensive or disconcerting behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If someone engages in unacceptable behavior, Village HQ may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the community, and if appropriate involvement of local law enforcement.
Work in Progress
We don’t pretend to have answers to all the complex, systemic cultural issues in startups and society that make headlines these days, but we commit to engage constructively with others intent on creating an inclusive environment. We share this code of conduct in the hopes of contributing to ongoing conversations about inclusion, and will evolve as we learn and listen.
Below are resources we found helpful. We welcome additional suggestions.
- Project Include
- Founders Commitment
- Vox Product Code of Conduct
- How “Good Intent” Undermines Diversity & Inclusion
- Part of the Team: Designing Inclusive Management at Pinterest
- How to Hire
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Village Global and the terms are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Village’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.