Village Global is Hiring an Investor
Village Global is an early stage venture firm backed by some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, including Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Abby Johnson, Michael Dell, and Anne Wojcicki. We are reinventing venture capital with our unique network strategy -- we have invested in hundreds of remarkable founders across sectors and around the world.
At Village HQ, we’re a small team of high performers — entrepreneurs, operators, authors, community builders. We work hard because we’re passionate about pursuing our mission of increasing entrepreneurship around the world. We also have a ton of fun.
We’re at an exciting point in our journey, with hundreds of millions of dollars under management, plenty of dry powder to deploy, dozens of breakout portfolio companies, and super high founder NPS. The next chapter of Village Global will be epic.
Here, you’ll be working in a culture that prizes personal and professional growth. You’ll have a front row seat to learn from some of the most exceptional founders and iconic CEOs in the world. You’ll co-host our legendary events. You’ll build a massive network. And we’ll partner with you so you can build the skills that will help you realize your highest potential as an investor.
Investor Role (Analyst to Principal)
We are interested in candidates with varying levels of experience – from Analyst to Principal levels. Your responsibilities, autonomy, and compensation will reflect your experience.
Village leads or co-leads pre-seed and seed rounds and opportunistically follows-on in later rounds. You will engage in every aspect of the process, from sourcing to diligencing to supporting founders post-investment. You’ll interact with thousands of high potential startups and savvy investors as you hone your skills and build your track record. You’ll also manage projects that continually improve the way we work with founders, angels, and VCs around the world.
- Source and screen prospective investment opportunities at pre-seed and seed stage
- Conduct diligence and check references to inform decisions
- Research new markets and trends to identify emerging entrepreneurs and technologies
- Draft investment memos and make investment recommendations
- Track and manage deal pipelines
- Support portfolio companies with helpful introductions and resources
- Collaborate with angels and other GPs in the ecosystem on deal flow
- Contribute to Village’s overall strategy development
The ideal candidate:
Beyond the obvious, you’re an ideal candidate if:
- You love leveraging the expertise of trusted network allies to inform sourcing, selection, and supporting processes. You’re less about solo decision-making and more about taking advantage of the hivemind.
- You’re a generalist, because we invest across categories. (Although technical specialization and focus areas can work.)
- You have a technical background (engineers welcome!) or strong technical curiosities.
- You like building or working with systems and spreadsheets to track a huge volume of opportunities and transactions
- You’re obsessed with startups and the venture capital ecosystem, especially new VC models like scout programs, accelerators, software-driven VC, etc. You track the venture ecosystem in your free time.
- You love meeting raw, Day 0 founders. You’re able to size up the potential of a startup and form conviction before there’s a product or revenue.
- For more senior candidates, we’d expect you to have experience as an operator or founder or angel investor and/or prior work as an institutional investor.
This role is likely not a fit if:
- You aren’t already obsessed with early stage venture
- You’re looking for a more “balanced” lifestyle after an intense run as a founder
- You think investing is glamorous
- You like solo investing work versus working on a team and leveraging a network
- You’re looking for lots of direct oversight and mentorship instead of being empowered to self-start and run
- We’re a remote-first team who gathers in-person regularly (usually in California) for deep dives. You can live anywhere so long as you can work on Pacific Time Zone hours most of the day.